Town Council Meeting Agenda
Day: Monday 12 October 2020
Venue: Queens Hall, Chipping Hill, Halstead, CO9 2BY.
In accordance with the Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020, this meeting will be held via Zoom
Members of the public are invited to submit written questions or statements, which will be read out during the meeting. All written questions or statements should be concise and should be able to be read within 3 minutes allotted for each question/statement.
Councillor Mick Radley – Chairman
Councillor Dave Gronland – Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: –
1. Apologies for Absence and approval of apologies
2. Declarations of Interests.
To declare any “pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting
3. Public Question Time
Public Questions and Statements. A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow written questions or statements to be read out, and for statements from Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
a. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 14th September 2020
b. To approve the minutes of the Extraordinary Council meeting held on 1st October 2020 – Minutes to follow
5. Planning Committee – Chairman Cllr. D Hume
All members of the Council are members of the Planning committee.
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
20/01440/FUL – Land Adjacent Pitchards, Trinity Street, Halstead, Essex – Erection of 1 no. two storey dwelling, ancillary out-building and associated works (utilising existing vehicular access).
20/01381/HH – 46 Highfields, Halstead, Essex- Erection of single-storey garage attached to existing dwelling
20/01483/FUL – 83 Chapel Hill, Halstead, Essex – Erection of 5 no. dwellings with associated parking and garaging and alterations to previously approved and part implemented scheme for the erection of a replacement dwelling.
19/00899/FUL (Revised plan) – Land at East Mill, Halstead, Essex – Reduction from 5 dwellings to 4 (omission of Plot 1) and some minor re-positioning / re-designing.
20/01474/FUL – Units 1,2 & 3 Sixth Avenue, Bluebridge Ind Estate, Halstead, Essex Erection of B1 & B8 commercial units
20/01493/OUT – Land at Mount Hill, Halstead, Essex – Outline application with all matters reserved except access for up to 130 dwellings with new landscaping, open space, access and associated infrastructure
20/01499/HH – 63 New Street, Halstead, Essex – Garage conversion/extension and first floor Juliet balcony
20/01211/FUL – 45 High Street, Halsted, Essex – Demolition of warehouse and erection of two semi detached cottages with parking
20/00975/FUL (Amendment) – 1 Windmill Road, Halstead, Essex – Erection of an end of terrace 3 bedroom dwelling and new vehicular access
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements – Mayors Appointments report attached here
7. Finance Committee – Chairman Cllr. P Claydon
All members of the Council are members of the Finance Committee
a. To receive the income and expenditure report for the month of September – Finance report attached here
b. To approve the List of Payments to be made in October – List of Payments report attached here and List of additional Payments report attached here
c. To approve the Reconciliation of bank and petty cash accounts – report to follow
d. To approve a minor change to the Annual Governance statement – To approve a minor change to the Annual Governance statement report attached here
e. To approve urgent repairs to the back wall of the Empire Theatre – To approve urgent repairs to the Empire external back wall report attached here
f. To approve the cancellation of the rent for the Empire Theatre for October 2020 – To approve further rent holiday for the Empire Theatre report attached here
8. To receive Community Centre reports
a. Verbal update from Chairman of H4C
b. Verbal update from the working group
9. To receive reports from District Councillors – verbal/written reports
10. To receive reports from Champions’ – verbal/written reports Open Spaces report attached here
11. To receive a report from the Riverside Footbridge working group – Update on footbridge Oct 2020 report attached here
12. To approve the schedule of dates for Council and SAC meetings for 2021/22 – Committee dates report attached here
13. To reconsider HTC’s actions to offset climate change – To consider actions to counteract climate change report attached here
14. a) To note report of meeting with Essex County councillor and officers of LHP – LHP meeting on parking issues report attached here
b) To note that a meeting has been planned on 19 October with Lisa Hinman of NEPP to discuss such issues as double yellow lines, and their operating strategy for Halstead
c) To note that the Town Clerk will be pursuing the work on strategic lorry routes started before lockdown, and will be setting up a virtual meeting to include both HTC and Sudbury Town Council councillors, Cllr Jo Beavis and Cllr David Finch
15. To review the Health and Safety policy in line with the Policy review schedule – Health Safety Policy report attached here
16. To note receipt of the approved public Minutes of Extraordinary Staff Advisory Committee meeting 24 September 2020 – Draft public session minutes SAC 24 September 2020
17. Exclusion of Public and Press
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
18. There is no business
Sarah Greatorex Town Clerk 6 October 2020