Accessibility statement for the website of Halstead Town Council
This website is run by Halstead Town Council with the IT expertise of Lexden Computers. It has recently been redeveloped as a completely new website, in order to make it more accessible to those with disabilities. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- Use the website on desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices.
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet (https;//mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk) has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
- Older pdf documents in our archive (before autumn 2019) may not be fully accessible to screenreader software
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
- If you have difficulty accessing anything on our website and would like us to provide it in a different format, such as accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please contact Halstead Town Council: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01787 476480. We will consider your request and get back to you within 7 days.
- If you find other difficulties with our website which we have not mentioned, please do let us know through the contact details above.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Halstead Town Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Website and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
We are fully committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. This website is fully compliant with the AA Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1.
This website was last tested on 31 March 2020. This test was carried out by Lexden Computers.