Halstead Town Council Facilities
Halstead Town Council is specifically responsible for the following amenities and facilities in the Town.
Halstead Town Council provides 2 pay and display public car parks providing parking for more than 150 cars.Car Parks >
A large community hall located at the top of the High Street. Ideal for dances, wedding receptions, childrens parties and for commercial hire.Queens Hall >
Other activities and facilities organised by the Town Council:
- Band in the Park – Although the Public Gardens are owned by Braintree District Council the Town Council arrange bands in the park to coincide with other events taking place in the Town throughout the year.
- Christmas Activities – Torchlight Procession, Official switch-on of the Christmas lights in the Town, provision of Christmas lights.
- Courtauld Sports Ground – facilities available to hire through the management committee
- Mayoral Activities – fundraising events for the Mayor’s Charity, Civic Reception etc.
- Planting – Hanging baskets planting and tubs in the Town.
- Public conveniences – Kings Road.
- Public Footpaths – clearing of some public footpaths on behalf of the Highway Authority as part of the Parish Paths Partnership.
- Senior Citizens Outings and party – 5 outings every year and a Christmas party.
- Summer Fun – Four days in July / August of free weekend Activities for children
- Town Clock – Repair and maintenance of the Town Clock in St Andrews Church Tower.
The Town Council also assist in monitoring highways and liaise between other Councils and the public as a first point of contact.
You can see the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) publication ‘All about parish and town councils’ here