Town Council Meeting Agenda
The Public May attend this meeting
This meeting will be conducted virtually by zoom
Day: Monday 10 August 2020
Venue: Queens Hall, Chipping Hill, Halstead, CO9 2BY.
Councillor Mick Radley – Chairman
Councillor Dave Gronland – Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: –
1. Apologies for Absence and acceptance of those apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. Public Question Time. a) Dr Kreis-Ali will give an update on development at the Elizabeth Courtauld Surgery b)A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements. Members of the public are asked to email any questions to the Town Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12.00 on Monday 10 August c) HAPPY – no report
4. To approve the minutes of the Full Council Meeting held on 13 July 2020, and the minutes of that part of the meeting held in private session on 13 July 2020.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning – Councillor D Hume – Planning report attached here
a)The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
20/01020/HH – 2 Riverside, High Street, Halstead – Single-storey rear extension to replace existing conservatory.
20/01033/FUL – Bucher (Agricultural) Ltd, 1 Fourth Avenue, Bluebridge Ind Est – Raising of the roof level to single storey building and alterations to fenestration.
20/01339/HH – 1 Osprey Road, Halstead, Essex – Erection of a rear orangery.
20/01168/HH – 3 Well Field, Halstead, Essex – Extension to existing Porch.
20/01089/FUL – 17 Weavers Court, Halstead, Essex – Alteration to shop window.
20/01170/FUL – Parkfields Baptist Church, White Horse Avenue, Halstead, Essex – Demolition of Baptist Curch and construction of two pairs of semi-detached dwellings – REVISED APPLICATION.
20/01176/ELD – 14 Firwoods Road, Halstead, CO9 1NF – Application for a Lawful Development Certificate for an existing use – Use of an outbuilding as a bedroom to the main house and not a separate dwelling.
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements – The Mayor has 1 appointment to formally accept the Oak Road allotments from Barratt David Wilson Homes on 19 August at 13.30. He will also attend by zoom the AGM of Halstead Choral Society on 8 September.
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor P Claydon.
a) To approve the Monthly finance report– Finance report attached here
b) To approve the List of payments – List of payments report attached here and List of Additional Payments attached here
c) To approve the Bank Reconciliation – reconciliation report attached here
d) To approve repairs to the fence at Parsonage Street/Riverside Walk – repairs to fence at parsonage street allotment report attached here
e) To consider offering Chapel Street permits to Oak Yard residents – offering parking permits to Oak Yard residents report attached here
8. Community Hall – verbal update
a) H4C report
b) HTC working group report
9. District councillors’ reports – verbal/ written update Cllr Radley’s report attached here
10. Champions reports
Open spaces and river
11. To receive an update on the Footbridge – report to follow
12. To receive an update on Electric Vehicle charging – Land Registry has been contacted but no documentation yet received
13. To review HTC policies – HTC policies report attached here
14. To review Policy on intangible risk – To review the Policy on intangible risks report attached here
15. To review Policy on risk management – report attached
16. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
S Greatorex, Town Clerk
3 August 2020