Town Council Meeting Agenda
Day: Monday 09 November 2020
Venue: Queens Hall, Chipping Hill, Halstead, CO9 2BY.
In accordance with the Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020, this meeting will be held via Zoom
Members of the public are invited to submit written questions or statements, which will be read out during the meeting. All written questions or statements should be concise and should be able to be read within 3 minutes allotted for each question/statement.
Councillor Mick Radley – Chairman
Councillor Dave Gronland – Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: –
1. Apologies for Absence and approval of apologies
2. Declarations of Interests.
To declare any “pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting
3. Public Question Time
Public Questions and Statements. A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow written questions or statements to be read out, and for statements from Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements. Public questions must be sent in writing to email@example.com before 12:00 on 9 November 2020.
a. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 12 October 2020
5. Planning Committee – Chairman Cllr. D Hume
All members of the Council are members of the Planning committee.
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
20/01625/ELD – 25 Oak Road, Halstead, CO9 1LS – Application for a Lawful Development Certificate for an existing use – Loft conversion with a rear dormer with a new staircase access to the loft.
20/01633/HH – 34 Conies Road, Halstead, CO9 1BB – Retrospective application to change garage roof to mono pitch roof.
20/01647/FUL – Land East of, Cherry Tree Close, Halstead – Erection of 22 No. Dwellings and the construction of access road and 50 car spaces
20/01713/HH & 20/01714/LBC – 17 Head Street, Halstead, Essex – Replacement of rear roof sheeting (plastic) and failing structural timbers and replacement with oak truss feature and tiles finish to match existing rear of the property.
20/01781/DAC & 18/01112/LBC – 59-61 High Street, Halsted, Essex – Application for approval of details as reserved by condition 4 of approved application 18/01112/LBC.
b) Review of Scheme of Delegation and Proposals for member engagement – Review of Scheme of Delegation report attached here
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements – Mayors Appointments report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor P Claydon
a) To receive the Income and expenditure report for the month of October. – Finance report October for November attached here
b) To approve the List of Payments to be made in November – List of Payments for November 2020 report attached here
and List of Additional Payments for November 2020
c) To approve the Reconciliation of bank and petty cash accounts– reconciliation report attached here
d) To consider a proposal by the Chairman to donate £1000 to the Braintree Foodbank (which also serves Halstead) towards running costs – Chairman’s donation to his chosen charity report attached here
e) To consider one further month of rent holiday for the Empire – Rent holiday for the Empire Theatre report attached here
8. Community Hall
a) verbal update from H4C
b) verbal update from HTC working group
9. To receive reports from District Councillors – verbal update/written reports – Cllr Munday’s District Report attached here
10. To receive Champions’ updates – verbal updates/written reports Police – To consider establishing a speedwatch scheme in Halstead – Consider a speedwatch scheme for Halstead report attached here
11. To receive an update on the Riverside footbridge – Update on footbridge 2020 report attached here
12. To debate HTC’s concerns with the overall impact of excessive housing growth upon the town’s infrastructure – To debate HTCs concerns with the overall impact of excessive housing growth upon the town’s infrastructure report attached here
13. To propose a regular newsletter produced by the Council for the community – Producing a regular quarterly newsletter report attached here
14. To consider what role HTC should play in response to residents’ requests on parking issues – HTC’s role in parking issues in Halstead report attached here
15. To note Minutes of Events Committee meeting held on 28 October 2020 – Events working groups Minutes 28Oct 20 attached here
16. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
17. Community centre – report attached
18. Staff matter – feedback from SAC meeting
Town Clerk 2 November 2019