Town Council Meeting Agenda
The Public May attend this meeting
This meeting will be conducted virtually by zoom
Day: Monday 15 June 2020
Venue: Queens Hall, Chipping Hill, Halstead, CO9 2BY.
Councillor Mick Radley – Chairman
Councillor Dave Gronland – Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: –
1. Apologies for Absence and acceptance of those apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. Public Question Time. a) A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements. A request has been received from Helen Wolf of the 21st Century Group to state that her statement in Public questions on 16/3/20 was wrongly recorded in the Minutes of that meeting. She has asked that the wording be changed to “c) Public questions : Ms Helen Wolf spoke as member of the 21st Century Group concerning the Heritage Open Day with 5 events planned in the District and hoped that more can be added to this Open Day” (to replace “… and hoped that the air-raid shelters in Halstead can be added to this Open Day“ ) b) HAPPY – no report
a) To approve the minutes of the Annual Town Council Meeting and the Full Council Meeting both held on 18 May 2020
b) To note the public and private minutes of the Staff Advisory Committee meeting on 2 June 2020.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning – Councillor D Hume – Planning report attached here
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
20/00718/HH – 5 Ashlong Grove, Halstead, Essex – Erection of a single storey rear extension and loft conversion comprising of rear and side dormers.
20/00743/FUL – 61 Kings Road, Halstead, Essex – Conversion of Brands Direct Head Office (B1) into an 8 unit Apart-hotel (C1) and associated works
20/00789/HH – 6 Nether Court, Halstead, Essex – First floor side extension and alteration to fenestration.
20/00854/HH – The Chase, Pretoria Road, Halstead – Alterations and conversion of roof space to habitable accommodation, single storey side extension, and alterations to fenestration.
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements – no engagements during the coronavirus lockdown.
a)Mayor’s Charity for 2020/21
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor P Claydon. The previous Chair of Finance, Cllr Radley, will chair items a) – d) which are part of the 19/20 financial year
a) 2019/20 Financial accounts and current assets – Financial accounts 19-20 and fixed assets report attached here
b) To approve the Internal auditor’s report – report to follow
c) To approve the annual governance statement – Annual governance statement attached here
d) To approve the Accounting statements for audit – Accounting statement attached here
e) To approve the Monthly finance report– Monthly Finance report attached here
f) To approve the List of payments – List of Payments for 15th June 2020 report attached here and List of Additional Payments for 15th June 2020 attached here
g) To approve the Bank Reconciliation – Bank-Reconciliation report attached here
h) To consider the purchase of a Mower for the bowls club green – Purchase of a mower for the bowls club report attached here
i) To consider the replacement of the ramp at Courtaulds Close allotments – Replacement of the ramp at Parsonage St report attached here
j) To consider aspects of carparks – car parks report attached here
8. Community Hall – verbal update
a) H4C report
b) HTC working group report
9. District councillors’ reports – – verbal/ written update
10. Champions reports
- Open spaces and river
11. To receive an update on the Footbridge – no report
12. To receive an update on Holy Trinity Wall – report to follow
13. To receive an update on Electric Vehicle charging – land Registry has been contacted but no documentation yet received
14. To receive an update on planned events and the use of Queens Hall – Events planned report attached here
15. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
8 June 2020