Town Council Meeting Agenda
The Public May attend this meeting
This meeting will be conducted virtually by zoom
Day: Monday 14 September 2020
Venue: Queens Hall, Chipping Hill, Halstead, CO9 2BY.
Councillor Mick Radley – Chairman
Councillor Dave Gronland – Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: –
1. Apologies for Absence and acceptance of those apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. Public Question Time. a) Update from Dr Kreis-Ali b) A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements. b) HAPPY no report c) Members of the public are asked to submit questions to the Town Clerk by 12.00 on the day of the meeting to email@example.com
4. Minutes To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 10th August 2020.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning – Councillor D Hume –
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting. Planning report attached here
20/01115/LBC – Symonds Court, St Andrews Road, Halstead – Repairs to boundary wall adjacent to Symonds Court and The Parsonage, Halstead
20/01133/LBC – 10 Weavers Row, Halstead, Essex – Removal of internal wall, consisting of 3 wooden beams from floor to ceiling and exposed brick work that is half height to the beams to open the downstairs space and removal of panelled wall that covers the staircase.
20/01327/HH – 54 Trinity Road, Halstead, Essex – Erection of a single storey rear extension
20/01335/HH – 15 Vicarage Meadow, Halstead, Essex – Replacement of flat roof to mono pitch roof.
20/01394/FUL – Unit 9-11 Fourth Avenue, Bluebridge Industrial Estate, Halstead – First floor extension to existing single storey offices (unit 9 & 11) and associated alterations to the existing.
20/01455/FUL & 20/01359/LBC – 36 High Street, Halstead, Essex – Proposed second storey rear extension and internal alterations to the rea of 36 High Street
Consultation on the 2017 draft Local Plan, specifically on the Proposed Main Modifications and associated documents- explanatory sheet attached
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements – Mayors Appointments report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor P Claydon
a) To receive the Income and expenditure report for the month of August. – Finance report August for September attached here
b) To approve the List of Payments to be made in September – List of Payments for 14th September 2020 report attached here
c) To approve the Reconciliation of bank and petty cash accounts– reconciliation report attached here
d) To approve repainting of Empire steps – consider repainting the Empire Steps report attached here
8. Community Hall
a) Verball update from H4C report
b) Verbal update from HTC working group report
9. District councillors – verbal update/written reports
10. To receive Champions updates – verbal updates/written reports
11. To receive an update on the Footbridge
a) Update on HTC’s legal position – Update on the legal position regarding the footbridge report attached here
b) Update from working group – report to follow
12. To receive an update on Electric vehicle charging – no report
13. To approve the amended Performance Management policy – Draft Performance Management Policy report attached here
14. To review HTC’s position on the holding of Council meetings – HTC policy on the holding of Council meetings during the pandemic report attached here
15. To note behaviour at King George’s playing field – Bad behaviour at King George V playing field report attached here
16. To consider joining the Rural/Market Towns group – Invitation to join the Rural Market Towns Group report attached here
17. To approve dates for forthcoming Staff Advisory Committee meetings – To approve dates of meetings of the Staff Advisory Committee report attached here
18. To address parking issues in Halstead – Report to address parking issues in Halstead attached here
19. To receive a report on minor structural change at the Empire Theatre – Report on new screen at the Empire Theatre attached here
20. To receive minutes of the Events working group held on 11 August 2020 – Minutes Events working group 11 August 2020 Report attached here
21. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
Sarah Greatorex, Town Clerk 8/09/20