Town Council Meeting Agenda
The Public May attend this meeting
This meeting will be conducted virtually by zoom
Day: Monday 13 July 2020
Venue: Queens Hall, Chipping Hill, Halstead, CO9 2BY.
Councillor Mick Radley – Chairman
Councillor Dave Gronland – Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: –
1. Apologies for Absence and acceptance of those apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. Public Question Time. a) A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements. b) HAPPY – no report
a) To approve the minutes of the Full Council Meeting held on 15 June 2020
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning – Councillor D Hume – Planning report attached here
a)The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
20/00875/HH – 99 Mount Pleasant, Halstead, Essex – Erection of a front Porch.
19/02330/FUL – Land South West Of, Oak Road, Halstead – Erection of 6 dwellings, with associated parking, landscaping details and access arrangements.
20/00644/FUL – Ivydene, Factory Lane East, Halstead – Demolition of existing outbuildings and erection of 1 No. detached dwelling.
20/00902/FUL – 2 Haubourdin Court, Colne Road, Halstead – Insertion of two rear windows.
20/00908/VAR – Framcombe – Upper Chapel Street, Halstead – Variation of Condition 2 ‘Approved Plans’ of peri.ssion 18/01100/FUL granted 30/05/2019 for Proposed new dwelling house. Variation would allow Alterations to the design.
20/00919/HH – Brook Farm House, Colchester Road, Halstead – Retention of Garden Shed.
20/00926/VAR – Rawden Enterprise Park, Sixth Avenue, Bluebridge Industrial Estate – Variation of Condition 2 ‘Approved Plans’ of permission 17/00579/FUL granted 10/07/2017 for: Erection of B1 & B8 Commercial units. Variation would allow alterations to the approved plans.
20/00971/HH – 46 Tidings Hill, Halstead, Essex – Erection of single storey side extension.
20/00966/HH – The Old School House, 125 Hedingham Road, Halstead – New front boundary retaining wall and new public footway
20/00969/HH – 9 Nether Court, Halstead, Essex – Two storey side and part single storey front extension
20/00975/FUL – 1 Windmill Road, Halstead, Essex – Erection of an end of terrace 3 bedroom dwelling and new vehicular access
20/00917/FUL & 20/00918/ADV – 55-59 Broton Drive, Halstead, Essex – 4 No Fascia signs & 1 No sign to fence (1 No internally illuminated) Part Retrospective
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements – no engagements during the coronavirus lockdown.
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor P Claydon.
a) To approve the Monthly finance report– 7a Finance report June for July attached here
b) To approve the List of payments – 7b List of Payments for 13th July 2020 attached here
c) To approve the Bank Reconciliation – report to follow
d) To consider an annual premises licence – 7d annual premsies licence for the Public Gardens attached here
8. Community Hall – verbal update
a) H4C report
b) HTC working group report
9. District councillors’ reports – – verbal/ written update
10. Champions reports
Open spaces and river
11. To receive an update on the Footbridge – Update on footbridge 2020 report attached here
12. To receive an update on Electric Vehicle charging – Land Registry has been contacted but no documentation yet received
13. To consider the establishment of a permanent volunteer service –volunteer service run by HTC report attached here
14. To approve an amendment to the Scheme of Delegation – amendment to the scheme of delegation report attached here
15. To approve an amendment to the Protocol for Member/Officer relations – amendments to the Member and officer protocol report attached here
16. To review ways of paying for car parking – ways of paying in car parks report attached here
17. To review HTC’s COVID policy – HTCs COVID policy report attached here
18. To consider an update to the HTC Action Plan – consider updating the Halstead Town Council Action Plan report attached here
19. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
S Greatorex, Town Clerk
6 July 2020