Halstead Town Council
Town Council Meeting
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor Andy Munday – Chairman
Councillor Mick Radley – Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor Dave Gronland
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: –
1. Apologies for Absence and acceptance of those apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. Public Question Time. a) Joy Darby CEO Essex Association of Local Councils will present the Local Council award certificate, Foundation level. b) Dr Kreis-Alsayyedd will provide an update on developments at the Elizabeth Courtauld surgery. c) A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements. d) Youth verbal update
4. Minutes. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 14th October 2019.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
19/01818/HH – 9 Pear Tree Close, Halstead, Essex – Construction of ground floor side and rear extensions & part conversion of existing garage into habitable area. (Revised 19/00616/HH)
19/01699/LBC – Congregation House, Parsonage Street, Halstead – Retrospective application for the replacement of damaged grey UPVC down pipes to black UPVC down pipes.
19/01792/LBC – 2 Congregation House, Parsonage Street, Halstead – Replacement of outdoor front light
19/01861/FUL – The Lewises, Fenn Road, Halstead – Extensions and alterations to allow sub-division of existing dwelling to 2 no. dwellings
19/01880/HH – 1 Bourchier Way, Halstead, Essex – Erection of a two storey front extension
19/01898/VAR – 85 Colchester Road, Halstead, Essex – Application for variation of Condition 2 of approved application 18/00026/FUL the handing of all four plots of terrace A, minor changes to materials and alteration to porch detail.
18/01481/FUL – Halstead Hall Braintree Road Halstead – Demolish outbuildings, extend and refurbish existing redundant building to form 25 bed dementia unit and erect bin and cycle stores, erect 30 bungalows and layout associated car parking, drainage and landscaping
18/01803/OUT – Land At The Junction Of Brook Street And Fenn Road Halstead – Outline planning permission for up to 70 dwellings (including 30% affordable housing), landscaping, public open space and sustainable drainage system (SuDs) with all matters reserved apart from access
19/01920/HH – 44 Slough Farm Road, Halstead, Essex – Proposed single storey rear extension
19/01775/FUL & 19/01776/ADV – 56 Tidings Hill, Halstead, Essex – Change of use from business (use class B1) to preschool (use class D1) with additional play area and picket fence.
19/01776/ADV & 19/01775/FUL – 56 Tidings Hill, Halstead, Essex – Proposed signage associated with the PreSchool
19/01943/HH – 6 Brewery Drive, Halstead, Essex – Single storey side extension
19/01940/FUL & 19/01941/LBC – 99 High Street, Halstead, Essex – Change of use from shop (A1) to residential (C3) on the first floor and part ground floor, incorporating internal alterations and alterations to fenestration.
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements – report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) To receive the Income and expenditure report for the month of October. – report attached here
c) To approve the Reconciliation of bank and petty cash accounts– report attached here
d) To consider a report from Halstead in Bloom – report attached here
e) To consider a proposal for outings organised by HTC for 2020 – report attached here
f) To consider the installation of CCTV at Courtaulds sport ground – report attached here
g) To consider the purchase of a new PA system – report attached here
8. Community Hall – verbal report
a) verbal update from H4C
b) verbal update from HTC working group
9. To receive reports from District Councillors – verbal update/written reports (written reports to follow)
10. To receive Champions’ updates – verbal updates/written reports (written reports to follow)
a) River champions – report attached here
11 . To receive a report on the meeting of the Events committee 7 October 2019– report to follow
12. To consider requesting a change in strategic lorry routes – report attached here
13. To receive an update on information gathered on Neighbourhood development plans – report attached here
14. To present the new Halstead map and decide on methods of distribution – report attached here
16. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
17. Staff matter
S Greatorex – Town Clerk
4 November 2019