Town Council Meeting Agenda
The Public May attend this meeting
Day: Monday 18 May 2020
Venue: Queens Hall, Chipping Hill, Halstead, CO9 2BY.
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor Dave Gronland
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Mick Radley
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
The meeting will be conducted virtually
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: –
1. Apologies for Absence and acceptance of those apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. a) Public Question Time. A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements. Due to the restrictions imposed by COVID-19, the public are asked to submit any questions they may have to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 May at 12.00 at the latest
b) HAPPY – no report due to restrictions
4. To approve the minutes of the Council Meeting held on 21st April 2020
5. Planning Applications. Due to the fact that the new Chair and Vicechair of Planning will have been elected the same evening, it has been decided that those holding those offices for the previous year will chair this meeting. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning – Councillor D Hume, Vice-Chair Councillor Pell- Planning report attached here
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
20/00623/HH 9 Nether Court, Halstead, Essex – Single Storey rear extension
20/00644/FUL Ivydene, Factory Lane East, Halstead – Demolition of existing outbuildings and erection of 1 No.detached dwelling.
19/00493/OUT – Land Off, Bournebridge Hill, Greenstead Green – Outline application for up to 200 residential dwellings (including 30% affordable housing), planting, landscaping, public open space and children’s play area and sustainable drainage system (SuDS). All matters reserved with the exception of access.
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements – no report due to restrictions
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. Due to the fact that the new Chair and Vicechair of Finance will have been elected the same evening, it has been decided that those holding those offices for the previous year will chair this meeting. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley, Vice-Chair Councillor D Gronland
a) To approve the monthly Finance report and assess the financial impact of lockdown on HTC – report to follow
b) List of payments to be approved – report to follow
c) To approve the Direct Debits for Financial Year 2020/21 – Direct Debits report attached here
d) To approve repair of St Andrews church wall – St Andrews churchyard wall report attached here
e) To receive an update on the tender for the Christmas lights- Christmas lights tender report attached here
8. Community Hall – verbal report
a) no report this mont
b) no report this month
9. District Councillors – written/verbal report
a) no reports this month
10. To receive reports from Champions
- Open spaces and river
11. To receive an update on the Riverside bridge – no report this month
12. To receive an update on Holy Trinity Wall – no report this month as awaiting quotations for the work
13. To receive an update on Electric Vehicle charging – no report this month while we wait for Land Registry documents
14. To approve the transfer document giving HTC ownership of the allotments at Oak Road- report to follow
15. To consider aspects of the Empire Theatre lease – Empire Theatre lease report attached here
16. To receive an update on the ramp at Parsonage street allotments – Ramp at parsonage street allotments report attached here
17. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
12 May 2020