Town Council Meeting Agenda
Day: Monday 15 February 2021
Venue: Queens Hall, Chipping Hill, Halstead, CO9 2BY.
In accordance with the Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020, this meeting will be held via Zoom
Members of the public are invited to submit written questions or statements, which will be read out during the meeting. All written questions or statements should be concise and should be able to be read within 3 minutes allotted for each question/statement.
Councillor Mick Radley – Chairman
Councillor Dave Gronland – Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: –
1. Apologies for Absence and approval of apologies
2. Declarations of Interests.
To declare any “pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting
3. Public Question Time
A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow written questions and statements to be read out and for statements from Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
4. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 11 January 2021. To note the public minutes of the meeting of the Staff Advisory Committee on 26 January 2021.
5. Planning – Member for planning Cllr. D Hume. Planning report attached here
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
19/00493/OUT (AM) – Land Off, Bournebridge Hill, Greenstead Green – Outline application for up to 200 residential dwellings (including 30% affordable housing), planting, landscaping, public open space and children’s play area and sustainable drainage system (SuDS). All matters reserved with the exception of access.
20/02191/HH – 9 Hedingham Road. Halstead, Essex – Erection of a garage and boundary wall.
20/01381/HH (Revised) – 46 Highfields, Halstead, Essex – Erection of single-storey garage attached to existing dwelling
20/01170/FUL (Revised) – Parkfields Baptist Church, White Horse Avenue, Halstead – Demolition of Baptist Church and construction of two pairs of semi-detached dwellings.
20/02238/REM – Land West of Mount Hill, Halstead, Essex – Reserved matters (appearance and landscaping) pursuant to outline planning application ref 18/00774/OUT for the erection of 71 dwellings with associated garages garden curtilages, a Substainable Urban Drainage System (SUDS), public open space, hard and soft landscaping.
21/00235/HH – 1 Tidings Hill, Halstead, CO9 1BW – Alterations to existing outbuilding in order to create annexe accommodation
18/02313/OUT (Revised) – Land East of Sloe Hill, Halstead – Erection of nine dwellings and access
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements – no report as no event possible
7. Finance – Member for Finance Cllr. P Claydon
a) To receive the income and expenditure report for the month of January – Income and Expenditure report attached here
b) To approve the List of Payments to be made in January– List of payments report attached here
c) To approve the Reconciliation of bank and petty cash accounts to 14/01/21– Reconciliation report attached here
d) To consider a request from our Christmas lights contractor to replace bulbs – Christmas Lights report attached here
e) To consider the cost of sending deeds to Land Registry to prove ownership of Chapel street car park – Costs report attached here
f) To consider replacing the locks at Kings Road toilets – Kings Rd Toilet Locks report attached here
g) To note the application made for Community funding to the National Lottery Fund – Community Funding report attached here
8. Community Centre – next report from H4C expected in May 2021
9. To receive reports from District Councillors – verbal/written reports
10. To receive reports from Champions’ – verbal/written reports –
a) Doctors Surgery – Cllr. Gronland and Radley
b) Schools – Cllrs. Hume and Caulfield
c) Police – Cllrs. Warren and Claydon
d) Open spaces – Cllrs. Atkinson and Fincken
e) Tourism – Cllrs. Smith and Pell
11. To receive a report from the Riverside footbridge working group – Footbridge report attached here
12. To consider the committee structure at Halstead Town Council – Committee Structure report attached here
13. To consider supporting the Holdfast Credit Union – Holdfast Credit Union report attached here
14. To consider using the General Power of Competence – General Power of Competence report attached here
15. To review Risk assessments and internal control – Risk Assessments report attached here
16. To note the Interim Audit report – Interim Audit Report 2020-2021 attached here
17. To consider the letter from the newly re-formed Braintree District Association of Local Councils (BALC) – Braintree Association of Local Councils report attached here
18. To consider a request from Congregation House, Parsonage St to assist them with the installation of a light – Request from Congregation House attached here
19. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
20. To note the Minutes of the meeting of the Town Centre Public Realm improvement group
8 February 2021