HALSTEAD TOWN COUNCIL
MINUTES OF EXTRAORDINARY TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
|Councillor Mrs S Diver||Chairman||Present|
|Councillor Mr Andy Munday||Vice Chairman||Present|
|Councillor Mrs J Allen||Apologies|
|Councillor Mrs S Dingle||Present|
|Councillor C Fox||Present*|
|Councillor D Gronland||Present|
|Councillor D Hume||Apologies|
|Councillor Mrs J A Pell||Present|
|Councillor Mrs E Penn||Present|
|Councillor M Radley||Present|
|Councillor Mrs J Sutton||Present|
|Councillor G Warren||Present|
Also in attendance: Public – Mr Peter Daw; Ms Pam Jones;
Sarah Greatorex (Town Clerk)
379. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE received from Cllr Hume as unwell, and Cllr Mrs Allen who was chairing another meeting. *Cllr Fox arrived at 18.55. Cllr Pell moved acceptance of these apologies and this was seconded by Cllr Munday. Motion carried by unanimous vote.
380. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS: Cllr Mrs J Pell Declared NPI for the following Agenda items: Agenda Item 4 Planning 17/01949/FUL as member of Courtauld’s Sports Ground Management Committee, as a member of HTC and as a recipient of S106 monies. 17/01932/REM and 17/01952/REM as a member of BDC who have representation on the board of Greenfields and H4C. Agenda item 8 as Chairman of H4C. Cllr Gronland , Cllr Warren and Cllr Mrs Dingle Agenda item 4 – Planning 17/01932/REM and 17/01952/REM as members of a group which made a comment. Cllr Mrs E Penn declared NPI for Agenda item 4 – Planning 17/01980/FUL & 17/01981/LBC as applicant is known to her, and 17/01932/REM and 17/01952/REM as she is a member of H21C which has made a comment. Cllr Radley declared NPI Agenda item 4 Planning 17/01980/FUL & 17/01981/LBC as Agent is known.. Cllr Munday declared NPI. Agenda item 4 Planning 17/01949/FUL for all Councillors as HTC owns Courtaulds sports ground, and for himself as he is a member of the Courtaulds sports ground management committee, and 17/01980/FUL & 17/01981/LBC as both agent and applicant are known to him. Cllr Mrs S Diver declared NPI Agenda item 4 planning 17/01980/FUL & 17/01981/LBC as the applicant is known to her.
381. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME: There were no public questions.
382. PLANNING APPLICATIONS In Cllr Hume’s absence, Vice Chair of Planning, Cllr Mrs Pell took the Chair for this part of the meeting.
17/01932/REM – Land South of Oak Road, Halstead, Essex –
Application for approval of serviced matters following outline approval 14/01580/OUT – Details of internal spine road to service Parcel A of the development. Cllr Pell moved that Halstead Town Council note that the hours of working must be adhered to particularly on a Saturday. Members raised no objection to this application. Note to Officer – we would like reassurance that no trees have been cut down other than those previously approved. This was seconded by Cllr Munday and the motion was accepted unanimously.
17/01949/FUL – Halstead Bowls Clubhouse, Courtaulds Sports Club, Colchester Road, Halstead, Essex, CO9 2ES – Extension to existing clubhouse to provide new male changing room. It was noted that there was no provision for a disabled toilet. Cllr Pell moved that BDC should make the decision on this application. This was seconded by Cllr Munday and the motion was accepted unanimously.
17/01952/REM – Land South of Oak Road, Halstead, Essex –
Application for approval of all matters reserved by Condition 2 of outline planning permission 14/01580/OUT for the development of 183 residential dwellings (including up to 30% affordable housing), convenience store, parking, structural planting and landscaping, informal public open space, children’s play area, surface water attenuation and associated ancillary works. The outline planning application was not an EIA application. Cllr Pell moved no objection to this application. Note to Officers – please ensure that working hours are as agreed, that the development is secure by design, that appropriate road signage be installed as requested in the David Wilson Homes application to be consistent, that there is provision for disabled play equipment, that no bicycles should be allowed in the play area. We would like an informative note to Applicant that developers should ensure that they establish good relations with residents and the BT Poles should be placed underground as the process to bring this land into the urban area has commenced. This was seconded by Cllr Munday and the motion was accepted unanimously.
17/01980/FUL & 17/01981/LBC – 57 High Street, Halstead, CO9 2JD –
Conversion of the rear of the shop into 1 no. 1 bed apartment
Cllr Pell moved that there can be no objection to this development, and that such projects in the town centre are to be encouraged. This was seconded by Cllr Munday and the motion was accepted unanimously.
Cllr Mrs Diver resumed Chair of the meeting.
383. THE STATE OF THE RIVER. There was some concern about calling a meeting while legal proceedings are going on. Cllr Mrs Diver proposed that the MP be invited to host a meeting to discuss the state of the river, and that the Environment Agency and Essex Wildlife Trust be invited. Proposal was seconded by Cllr Warren and carried by unanimous vote.
384 EXCLUSION OF PUBLIC AND PRESS. To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: ‘that in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)- of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting’
385. STAFF REVIEW GROUP
Cllr Diver proposed that Council confirm the decision taken by the Staff Review Group. This proposal was seconded by Cllr Warren and carried by unanimous vote.
There being no other business, meeting was closed at 19.49.