HALSTEAD TOWN COUNCIL
MINUTES OF FULL COUNCIL MEETING
HALSTEAD, Essex. CO9 1ET
|Councillor D Hume||Chairman||Present|
|Councillor Mrs J A Pell||Vice Chairman||Present|
|Councillor Mrs J Allen||Present|
|Councillor Mrs B Carr||Apologies|
|Councillor Mrs H W Catley||Present|
|Councillor Mrs S A Diver||Present|
|Councillor M J Fincken||Present|
|Councillor Mrs L J Hilton||Present|
|Councillor S Kirby||Present|
|Councillor Mrs K A Little||Present|
|Councillor A Munday||Present|
|Councillor K Paisley||Present|
Also in attendance: Public – Mr & Mrs Penn, Mr A Lister
Mr M C Murkin – Town Clerk
117. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were apologies for absence from Cllr Mrs B Carr. Cllr Hume expressed his wishes for a speedy recovery by Cllr Mrs Carr and this was endorsed by all other councillors.
118. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
Cllr D Hume – Item 8 – PI as one cheque is payable to him.
Cllr S Kirby – Item 5 – all planning as he is a member of Braintree DC Planning Committee and he will leave the room during this item.
Cllr Mrs J Pell –Item 5 – NPI on planning application 14/01348/FUL as applicant is husband’s pension provider.
- Item 11 – NPI as chair of the Halstead Community Centre Charitable Company.
119. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
- Mr Lister asked about the Braintree DC proposals to alter the High Street as published in the “Connect” magazine and was advised that there would be a public consultation before any changes were made. It was also stated that there was little likelihood of an indoor market being created in the former EMD factory site.
- Mrs Penn asked about the Centenary Fields and was advised that the town council had been approached and the details sent to all town councillors for their suggestions.
To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 16th October 2014
Minutes were approved
121. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
Cllr S Kirby left the meeting.
Cllr A Munday took the chair for this part of the meeting
14/01324/FUL & 14/01325/LBC – Bull Hotel, Bridge Street, Halstead, CO9 1HU – Alterations to existing patio including the removal of existing trees. Proposed new partition with fixed benches east of the mainbar firestack and alteration to the existing door position to the entrance lobby. 1 no external light and new external pain colour. Councillors supported the Conservation Officer’s letter of 29th October 2014 regarding the removal of the tree, but otherwise raised no objections.
14/01367/FUL – 126 Beridge Road, Halstead,CO9 1JU – Erection of single storey rear extension. Councillors raised no objections.
14/01370/LBC – 49 High Street, Halstead, CO9 2JD – Installation of 3 changing booths. Councillors raised no objections.
14/000324/TPOCON – 19 Sudbury Road, Halstead, CO9 2BB – Application to carry out works on trees affected by the Tree Preservation Order. Application withdrawn.
14/01368/FUL – The Ramsey Academy, Colne Road, Halstead, CO9 2HR -Proposed renewal of existing aluminium curtain wall windows and cladding panels. Councillors raised no objections.
14/01348/FUL – Electricity Sub Station Between 27 and 31 Butler Road, Halstead, Essex – Erection of security fencing to replce existing fencing, erection of brick wall to replace a close boarded fence, reduction of a brick wall on the southern side of the site, replace the existing eastern facing front entrance door with a larger door and replace an existing mesh fence with a double access gate, realign existing layout within the compound under permitted development. Councillors raised no objections in principle but consideration should be given to the aesthetic considerations of neighbouring properties and the general street scene e.g. materials colour and design.
14/01326/FUL – 26 Trinity Street, Halstead, CO9 1JA – Installation of air conditioning unit. Councillors raised no objections, but supported the Environmental Case Officer’s requirement for a noise assessment.
14/01385/FUL – Rowans, 56 Chapel Hill, Halstead, CO9 1JP – Erection of single storey rear extension and two storey side extension. Councillors raised no objections in principle, but noted that the poor quality of the plans supplied did not allow a full assessment of materials to be used – these should be in keeping with neighbouring properties.
Cllr D Hume resumed Chair of the meeting
Cllr S Kirby returned to the meeting.
122. MAYOR’S APPOINTMENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Report was noted
123. FINANCE –
A) Financial Monitoring.
Report was noted, with the comment that income was down
B) Monthly Performance (Car Parks).
Report was noted
C) Monthly Performance (Lettings/Sickness)
Report was noted
124. LIST OF PAYMENTS TO BE APPROVED
Payments were unanimously approved.
125. SENIOR CITIZENS’ OUTINGS 2015
After some discussion it was agreed to:
- Run these trip in 2015;
- Visit Henley-on-Thames, Oxford, Eastbourne, Hastings and Sheringham; and
- To accept the quotation from Kings Coaches to supply coaches for all the trips.
Following further discussion, a proposition by Cllr Mrs Pell, seconded by Cllr Munday that the charge per trip be raised to £10.50 (residents) and £16 (non-residents) was put to the vote. Result: 8 in favour, 0 against & 3 abstentions.
126. SUNDAY CAR PARK CHARGES
The proposition by the Chamber of Trade that the council introduce parking charges in their ‘Pay & Display’ car parks on Sundays to fund an additional ‘free hour’ during the week was debated and voted upon. Result: 11 against & 0 in favour.
127. COMMUNITY HALL
Cllr Mrs J Pell Chairman of the Trust confirmed that specialist VAT advice was being sought.
Report was noted
Cllr Mrs Hilton and Cllr Munday gave a verbal report:
- Possible sources of funding for a skate park have been identified and a detailed costing is being prepared.
- Youth Council (YC) attended the Halstead in Bloom awards evening.
- YC are planning a stall for 29th November.
- A Hype night is planned for February 2015.
- A DBS check is needed for Cllr Munday – may be possible via the Youth Service.
- A copy of the YC constitution passed to Essex Boys & Girls Clubs for affiliation.
129. TOWN TEAM
No report was available.
130. TOWN TEAM CHRISTMAS FAYRE
It was agreed to support this Fayre by offering free parking in Chapel Street and Butler Road car park from 10.00 to 18.00 hrs on 29th November 2014.
131. LIGHTING AT HEDINGHAM ROAD CAR PARK
It was agree to give delegated authority to the Chairman and Town Clerk effect a suitable solution, subject to:
The cost shall not exceed £10,000; and
Financial regulations must be adhered to.
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.35pm