Town Council Meeting Agenda
Day: Wednesday 17 March 2021
Venue: Queens Hall, Chipping Hill, Halstead, CO9 2BY.
In accordance with the Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020, this meeting will be held via Zoom
Members of the public are invited to submit written questions or statements, which will be read out during the meeting. All written questions or statements should be concise and should be able to be read within 3 minutes allotted for each question/statement.
Councillor Mick Radley – Chairman
Councillor Dave Gronland – Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: –
1. Apologies for Absence and approval of apologies
2. Declarations of Interests.
To declare any “pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting
3. Public Question Time
A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow written questions and statements to be read out and for statements from Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
4. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 15 February 2021.
5. Planning – Member for planning Cllr. D Hume.
a) The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting. Planning Report attached here
21/00418/FUL – Crowbridge Farm, Chapel Hill, Halstead – Conversion of barns into 1 No. dwelling with associated rebuild of outbuilding as a garage/car port, boundary treatment and ancillary works.
21/00320/FUL – Sundern, Tidings Hill, Halstead – Demolition of existing chalet bungalow and erection of a two-storey house
21/00407/HH – 28 Trinity Road, Halstead – Erection of a front porch
21/00575/HH & 21/00576/LBC – 75 Head Street, Halstead – Proposed single storey link extension and part-conversion of outbuilding to form accessible ground floor bedroom and shower room facilities with wheelchair access
b) Protocol for speaking at planning meetings at BDC – report attached here
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements – no report
7. Finance – Member for Finance Cllr. P Claydon
All members of the Council are members of the Finance Committee
a) To receive the income and expenditure report for the month of February– Income & Expenditure report attached here
b) To approve the List of Payments to be made in March– List of Payments report attached here
c) To approve the Reconciliation of bank and petty cash accounts to 22/02/21– Bank Reconciliation report attached here
d) To record approval for a rent holiday for the Empire carwash until 12 April 2021- Empire Rent Holiday report attached here
8. Community Centre – next report from H4C expected in May 2021
9. To receive reports from District Councillors – verbal/written reports – Councillor Munday Report attached here
10. To receive reports from Champions’ – verbal/written reports –
a) Doctors Surgery – Cllr. Gronland and Radley
b) Schools – Cllrs. Hume and Caulfield
c) Police – Cllrs. Warren and Claydon
d) Open spaces – Cllrs. Atkinson and Fincken
e) Tourism – Cllrs. Smith and Pell
11. To receive a report from the Riverside footbridge working group – Footbridge report attached here
12. To approve Christmas Closure dates 2021 – Christmas Closure report attached here
13. To consider action on climate change – Climate Change report attached here
14. To update the risk assessment for car park attendants – Risk Assessment report attached here
16. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
17. To note the Minutes of the Staff Advisory Committee
18. Report from SAC
19. To receive Minutes of a meeting held on 3 March 2021 between The HTC Public Realm Town regeneration working group, Nicola Murphy of BDC, and consultees
Town Clerk -11 March 2021