Town Council Meeting Agenda
Day: Monday 12 April 2021
Venue: Queens Hall, Chipping Hill, Halstead, CO9 2BY.
In accordance with the Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020, this meeting will be held via Zoom
Members of the public are invited to submit written questions or statements, which will be read out during the meeting. All written questions or statements should be concise and should be able to be read within 3 minutes allotted for each question/statement.
Councillor Mick Radley – Chairman
Councillor Dave Gronland – Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: –
1. Apologies for Absence and approval of apologies
2. Declarations of Interests.
To declare any “pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting
3. Public Question Time
A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow written questions and statements to be read out and for statements from Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 17 March 2021.
5. Planning – Member for planning Cllr. D Hume.
a) The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting. Planning Report attached here
21/00594/FUL – 76 Trinity Road, Halstead, Essex – Re-establishment of two no. two bed semi detached properties from an existing three bed detached house.
20/02238/REM (Revised) – Land West of Mount Hill, Halstead, Essex – Reserved matters (appearance and landscaping) pursuant to outline planning application ref 18/00774/OUT for the erection of 71 dwellings with associated garages garden curtilages, a Sustainable Urban Drainage System (SUDS), public open space, hard and soft landscaping.
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements – nothing to report
7. Finance – Member for Finance Cllr. P Claydon
All members of the Council are members of the Finance section
a) No report for this month as the Finance Officer is on sick leave
b) To approve the List of Payments to be made in April– List of Payments report attached here
c) No report for this month as the Finance officer is on sick leave
d) To consider purchasing a mower for churchyards, allotments and footpaths –Purchase of mower report attached here
e) To return to the purchase of the linemarker which is now needed – Purchase of Line marker report attached here
8. Community Centre – next report from H4C expected in May 2021
9. To receive reports from District Councillors – verbal/written reports
10. To receive reports from Champions’ – verbal/written reports
a) Doctors Surgery – Cllr. Gronland and Radley
b) Schools – Cllrs. Hume and Caulfield
c) Police – Cllrs. Warren and Claydon
d) Open spaces – Cllrs. Atkinson and Fincken
e) Tourism – Cllrs. Smith and Pell
11. To receive a report from the Riverside footbridge working group – report to follow
12. To consider the wording of the terms of reference for the Staff Advisory Committee in the scheme of delegation – Terms of Reference report attached here
13. To review the privacy notice for Halstead Town Council – Privacy Notice Policy report attached here
14. To review the subject access policy – Subject Access Policy report attached here
15. To review the Covid 19 Policy – Covid Policy for Meetings report attached here
16. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
17. To approve a communication to H4C
18. To note minutes of the SAC of 31 March 2021 and of 8 April 2021
19. To approve a recommendation from SAC
6 April 2021