Halstead Town Council
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor Mrs S A Diver – Chairman
Councillor A Munday – Vice Chairman
Councillor Mrs J Allen
Councillor Mrs S Dingle
Councillor C Fox
Councillor D Gronland
Councillor D Hume
Councillor Mrs J A Pell
Councillor Mrs E Penn
Councillor M Radley
Councillor Mrs J Sutton
Councillor G Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: –
1. Apologies for Absence and approval of the apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. (a) Public Question Time. A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
b) Presentation by Practice Manager Courtaulds Surgery, Richard Hartwell
c) Presentation on Oak Road by Bloor Homes
4. Minutes. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 16th October 2017.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
17/01340/FUL – Halstead Chinese Takeaway, 28-30 Trinity Street, Halstead, CO9 1JA – Change of use of building to C3 residential to provide 7 x 1 bed flats together with internal and external alterations.
17/01874/FUL – 50 Tidings Hill, Halstead, CO9 1BW – Erection of two storey and single storey rear extension and new window to the front elevation.
147/01886/VAR – Lidl UK GmbH, King Road, Halstead, CO9 1HJ – Application for variation of condition 8 of approved application 15/01138/FUL – To allow store to open between 0800 – 22.00 on Bank and Public Holidays. The use of the site hereby permitted shall not be open to customers and no deliveries shall be made outside the hours of 08.00 – 22.00 Monday to Saturday including Bank and Public Holidays and 10.00 – 16.00 on Sunday.
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements – report attached
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) Monthly Finance. Report – report available
b) List of Payments to be approved – report available
c) Section 106 monies – report available
d) Halstead in Bloom – report available
e) Reconciliation – report will be available at the meeting
8. Community Hall – report available
9. Youth – report will be available at the meeting
10. District Councillors – report will be available at the meeting
11. Suggested Council meeting dates 2018/2019 – report available
12. Outings – report available
13. Grant awarding policy – report available
14. Community engagement strategy – report available
15. Request for signage at Stanstead Road – report available
16. Request to run pre-school at Queens Hall – report will be available at the meeting
17. Naming of roads at Oak Road – report available
18. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
19. Staff Review Group
6 November 2017