Halstead Town Council Community Volunteers
During lockdown due to the pandemic, Halstead Town Council set up an emergency volunteer force to help those who were vulnerable through age, disability or ill health, and were not able to leave home. Residents of Halstead came forward immediately to help, and a group of 40 volunteers was formed, which has been able to help up to 90 vulnerable people on a regular basis over many months.
When lockdown was eased, a survey was carried out of both volunteers and those they helped. It was decided to make the volunteer force a permanent feature of Halstead Town Council.
If you need help with shopping, or the collection of prescriptions , there are many people who can help you. Please contact email@example.com or call 07808 547290
How to take care of yourself
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
The latest information and advice can be found on the following websites