Town Council Meeting Agenda
Day: Monday 10 January 2022
Venue: Queens Hall, Chipping Hill, Halstead, CO9 2BY.
As the Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020, no longer apply, the Council is no longer able to conduct meetings remotely, and this meeting will be held in person at Queens Hall.
Those wishing to ask a question or make a statement should be able to read their statement/question within 3 minutes. It is recommended that all those attending wear a mask and socially distance. Questions may also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org..uk by 12.00 on 10 January 2022
Councillor Mick Radley – Chairman
Councillor Dave Gronland – Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: –
1. Apologies for Absence and approval of apologies
2. Declarations of Interests.
To declare any “pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting
3. Public Question Time
Public Questions and Statements.
a) A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow written questions or statements to be read out, and for statements from Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
b) Report from Essex County Councillor Chris Siddall
a) To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 15 December 2021
5a Planning – Lead member Cllr. D Hume
No Planning Applications have been received for this month.
5b Consultation on Main modifications to the Local Plan – Local Plan report attached here
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements – Mayor’s report attached here
7. Finance – lead member for Finance is Cllr. P Claydon
a) To receive the income and expenditure report for the month of December – Finance report attached here
b) To approve the List of Payments to be made in January – List of payments report attached here
c) To approve the Reconciliation of bank and petty cash accounts – Bank Reconciliation report attached here
d) To consider car park charges – car park charges report attached here
e) To approve Budget and precept 2022/23 – Budget & Precept report attached here
f) To consider buying 2 new lightweight noticeboards – Noticeboard report attached here
g) To update the Financial Regulations
8. To receive reports from District Councillors – verbal/written reports
9. To receive reports from Champions’ – verbal/written reports
10. To review the Capability and conduct policy– Capability & Conduct report attached here
11. To review the Safeguarding policy – Safeguarding policy report attached here
12. To review the Sickness and absence policy – Sickness & Absence policy report attached here
13. To review the Action Plan – Action Plan report attached here
14. Request for support from Halstead Hospital League of Friends- report attached here
15. Exclusion of Public and Press
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: – “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
Sarah Greatorex Town Clerk
4 January 2022