Annual Town Council Meeting Agenda
Day: 9 May 2022
Venue: Queens Hall, Chipping Hill, Halstead, CO9 2BY.
Members of the Council are summonsed to transact the following business: –
Councillor Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Sandra Dingle
Councillor Dave Gronland
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Jackie Pell
Councillor Mick Radley
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
1. To elect the Chairman/Mayor of the Town Council for the ensuing year.
Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Chairperson.
2. Apologies for Absence
To approve the Minutes of the Annual Town Council meeting held on 4 May 2021
4. Election of Vice Chairman
To elect the Vice Chairman of the Town Council for the ensuing year.
Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
5. To consider using the General Power of Competence
It is proposed that HTC re-approves the use of the General Power of Competence for the year 22/23 to replace the powers used under S137, as it meets the criteria of having more than 2 thirds of elected councillors, and a qualified clerk.
6. To consider an update to the Scheme of delegation, following decisions taken at the December 21 meeting – Report attached here
7. Election of SAC Committee, lead and deputy lead members for Finance and Planning, and representatives for HIB and the Empire
ADJOURNMENT – To enable committees to meet and make appointments – please see attached agendas.
Sarah Greatorex Town Clerk
3 May 2022