Halstead Town Council
Town Council Meeting
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor Andy Munday - Chairman
Councillor Mick Radley - Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor Dave Gronland
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence and acceptance of those apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. a) Update by Dr Kreis-Alsayyed from the Elizabeth Courtauld Surgery. b) A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements. c) Update from HAPPY.
4. Minutes. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 11th November 2019, and of the public and private sessions of the Extraordinary meeting held on 28th October 2019.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING - report attached here
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
19/01991/VAR - 3 Market Hill, Halstead, Essex - Application for variation of Condition 2 (Approved Plans) of approved application 16/01973/FUL
19/02030/HH - 34 Hedingham Road, Halstead, Essex - Part 2 storey, part single storey rear extension
19/02079/FUL & PP-08292767 - ATS, 41 Chapel Hill, Halstead - Change of use and alterations to roof of commercial building to enable 3 No. flats with parking
19/02109/FUL - Holy Trinity C of E Primary School, Beridge Road, Halstead - Installation of a demountable classroom for pre-school provision, with associated services and car parking.
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements - report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) To receive the Income and expenditure report for the month of November. – report attached here
b) To approve the List of Payments to be made in December – report attached here
c) To approve the Reconciliation of bank and petty cash accounts– report attached here
d) To approve the purchase of CCTV at Courtaulds – report attached here
e) To approve the purchase of CCTV at Butler Road – report attached here
f) To approve the resurfacing of Hedingham Road car park- report attached here
g) To consider replacing the theatre doors at the Empire – report attached here
h) To approve additional expenditure on Christmas parties – report attached here
8. Community Hall – verbal report
a) verbal update from H4C
b) verbal update from HTC working group
9. To receive reports from District Councillors - verbal update/written reports
a) written report Cllr Radley - report attached here
a) Update from Rivers and Open spaces champions
12. Action Plan Review – report attached here
13. To approve a review of Risk assessments – report 13 attached here, report 13a attached here, report 13b attached here, report 13c attached here, report 13d attached here, report 13e attached here, report 13f attached here, report 13g attached here, report 13h attached here, report 13i attached here, report 13j attached here
14. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
There is none.
Sarah Greatorex - Town Clerk
2 December 2019