Halstead Town Council
Town Council Meeting
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor Andy Munday - Chairman
Councillor Mick Radley - Vice Chairman
Councillor Miss Janet Atkinson
Councillor Peter Caulfield
Councillor Peter Claydon
Councillor Mrs Sandra Dingle
Councillor Malcolm Fincken
Councillor Dave Gronland
Councillor David Hume
Councillor Andy Munday
Councillor Mrs Jackie Pell
Councillor Miss Linda Smith
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence and acceptance of those apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. a) Public Question Time. A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
4. Minutes. To approve the minutes of the Council Meeting held on 13th May 2019
5. Planning Applications. Due to the fact that the new Chair and Vicechair of Planning will have been elected the same evening, it has been decided that those holding those offices for the previous year will chair this meeting. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning - Councillor D Hume, Vice-Chair Councillor Pell- report attached here
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
19/00856/HH & IAP0004 1653-001 - 8 Cooks Close, Halsted, Essex, CO9 1YE - Erection of single storey rear extension
19/00857/HH - Windmill House, Mill Chase, Halstead - Erection of playhouse, store, and shed. Installation of door into rear elevation of garage.
19/00883/HH - 2 Grange Close, Halstead, Essex - Two store side extension, single storey front and rear extension and associated alterations and landscape works
6. Mayor’s Appointments and Announcements - report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) Monthly finance report – report attached here
c) Reconciliation – report attached here
8. Community Hall – verbal update
9. Youth – verbal update
10. a) Committee appointments at BDC
b) District Councillors’ Report – verbal update
11. Footbridge – verbal update
12. Tourist map – report attached here
13. Updated policy on community engagement for quality council application – report attached here
14. Action plan update – report attached here
16. Grant application process – selection of working group to have delegated authority to recommend to HTC how the £2000 fund is split between the applicants
17. Appointment of councillors as champions – report to follow
18. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
In private session
19. Review of banking arrangements
Sarah Greatorex Town Clerk 3 June 2019