Halstead Town Council
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor A Munday - Chairman
Councillor M Radley - Vice Chairman
Councillor Mrs J Allen
Councillor Mrs S Dingle
Councillor Mrs S A Diver
Councillor C Fox
Councillor D Gronland
Councillor D Hume
Councillor Mrs J A Pell
Councillor Mrs E Penn
Councillor Mrs J Sutton
Councillor G Warren
Members of the Council are summonsed to the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence and approval of apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3 a) Public Question Time. A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
b) Introduction to PC Michael Mihalyfi – Halstead Special
4. Minutes. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 14th January 2019. Amendment to Minute 138 Finance 7e Appendix on page 2 of the report
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning Councillor D Hume – Report attached here
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
18/02303/FUL - Land South of Oak Road, Halstead, Essex - Installation of a temporary sales area and the change of use of residential garages located between plots 1 and 2 to a marketing suite for the period Jan 2019 - Dec 2020 including the construction of 6 car parking spaces and 1200mm high estate railings.
19/00028/FUL - Land South of Oak Road, Halstead, Essex - A permanent five bar entrance gate.
19/00027/HH - 35 Godwin Close, Halstead, Essex - Conversion of garage to office space, removal of garage door and replaced with window and raised of roof.
19/00006/FUL - 44 Hedingham Road, Halstead, CO9 2DJ - Part retrospective application to replace timber sleeper retaining wall including provision of steps and a new vehicular crossing.
19/00119/FUL - Halstead Sports Centre, Colne Road, Halstead - Creation of new Artificial Grass Pitch (AGP), installation of new 4.5 high ball stop fencing and entrance gates to AGP perimeter. Installation of new 2.0 high and 1.2m high pitch perimeter barrier and entrance gates within AGP enclosure, installation of new hard standing areas, installation of new floodlight system, installation of new maintenance equipment store located within AGP enclosure, formation of grass mounds with screen planting around AGP boundary.
6. Mayors Appointments and Announcements – report attached here
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) Finance – report attached here
c) Reconciliation – report attached here
d) Insurance Renewal - report attached here
8. Community Hall – verbal report
9. Youth – verbal report
10. District Councillors - verbal report
11. Town Plan report distribution – report attached here
12. Doctors’ surgery update – report attached here
13. Neighbourhood watch – report attached here
14. Sport England grant – report attached here
15. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
16. Award of contract for Toilet refurbishment
17. Empire theatre lease renewal
S Greatorex - Town Clerk
4 February 2019